The Folk School in Fairbanks is looking for a summer program assistant for Summer 2020. The person in this position will provide support for summer programs at The Folk School, and could include:
- offering short course programs directed at both kids and adults
- management of our small retail shop
- providing information about The Folk School to visitors and locals throughout the summer, at both our Pioneer Park cabin and during local events, such as farmers and art markets
- marketing of both summer and year-round classes and programs
- logistical support for both summer immersion experiences, Week in the Woods and Weekend on the River
- opportunity to learn new things and interact with a vibrant community of creative people.
This is a multi-faceted position, and we will take into account the skills and experience of the successful candidate when determining day to day activities.
- Ideally, the candidate would have a background in arts and/or crafts, and have a desire to promote hands-on learning to the community and visitors
- Must complete a background check
- Candidates should be able lift 35 pounds, and have the ability/desire to work outside during both Pioneer Park events and camp and work outside at summer programs Week in the Woods and Weekend on the River
- Have a flexible schedule that may include some evenings and weekends, and overnight during summer immersion programs
20-30 hours per week, with schedule and hours varying, according to the needs of The Folk School. The position will be from mid-May to early September after Labor Day.
$10-12 per hour, including the opportunity to attend summer immersions as an assistant.
Please check out our full range of courses and programs at https://folk.school.
To apply, please send a letter of interest and a resume highlighting relevant experience by April 3rd, 2020, to Don Kiely, Operations Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.