Summer Store Staff
The Folk School of Fairbanks
The Folk School of Fairbanks is looking for motivated and friendly people to staff our Summer Store in Pioneer Park this summer. Duties include:
- acting as an ambassador for Folk School programming and events
- selling local artwork, craft supplies, reference materials and souvenirs to the public
- keeping accurate records of transactions and monitoring traffic to The Folk School
- assisting with managing inventory, stocking, and creating displays
- preparing craft supplies and kits
- may also involve doing public demonstrations or providing craft instruction
- light cleaning
The successful candidate will be passionate about The Folk School’s mission of sharing the joy of hands on learning. We seek an individual who is organized, conscientious, will interact well with the public, and have experience with or a willingness to learn about the proper use of power tools. Position will also require basic computer literacy. Retail experience preferred, and a background check is required.
Work schedules of up to 40 hours per week are available. Salary will be $10-12/hour depending on experience and familiarity with The Folk School.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.