The Folk School in Fairbanks is looking for a summer program assistant for Summer 2021. The person in this position will provide support for summer programs at The Folk School, and could include:
- management of our small retail shop
- providing information about The Folk School to visitors and locals throughout the summer, at both our Pioneer Park cabin and during local events, such as farmers and art markets
- offering short course programs directed toward both kids and adults, in person and possibly online
- marketing of both summer and year-round classes and programs
- assist The Folk School in adapting to the changing environment, by providing digital content for social media, such as YouTube, Facebook, and Zoom classes, including tutorials and promotional videos
This is a multi-faceted position, and we will take into account the skills and experience of the successful candidate when determining day to day activities. Given the current social circumstances, tasks for this position may change as the summer progresses.
- ideally, the candidate would have a background in arts and/or crafts, and have a desire to promote hands-on learning to the community and visitors.
- experience in photography and/or videography; editing
- demonstrate experience with social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Zoom, and YouTube
- must complete a background check
- candidates should be able lift 35 pounds, and have the ability/desire to work outside during both Pioneer Park events and outdoor classes.
- flexible schedule that may include some evenings and weekends
20-30 hours per week, with schedule and hours varying. The position will be from mid-to-late May, to early September after Labor Day.
$15 per hour, plus opportunity to participate in Folk School classes and events.
Please check out our full range of courses and programs at https://folk.school.
Send a letter of interest and resume highlighting relevant experience by May 1, 2021, to Allison Wylde at email@example.com.