Program Coordinator Job Description
The Folk School in Fairbanks is looking for a Program Coordinator to work closely with the Program Director to provide support for classes and events at The Folk School.
- assist with in-person and remote classes and events as needed to ensure they run smoothly
- offer short course programs directed toward both kids and adults, in person and possibly online
- marketing of year-round classes and programs
- assist The Folk School in adapting to the changing environment, by providing digital content for social media, such as YouTube, Facebook, and Zoom classes, including tutorials and promotional videos
- provide information about The Folk School to visitors and locals at both our Pioneer Park cabin and during local events, such as farmers and art markets
- Assists in managing specific programs such as Community Workshop and the Community Printmaking Studio
This is a multi-faceted position, and we will take into account the skills and experience of the successful candidate when determining day to day activities.
- experience in photography and/or videography; editing
- experience with social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Zoom, and YouTube
- must complete a background check
- candidates should be able lift 35 pounds, navigate stairs with ease, and have the ability/desire to work outside during both Pioneer Park events and seasonal outdoor classes
- flexible schedule that may include evenings and weekends
- desire to promote hands-on learning to the community and visitors
- a background in arts and/or crafts is a bonus
15-20 hours per week, with schedule and hours varying.
$18 per hour, plus opportunity to participate in Folk School classes and events.
Please check out our full range of courses and programs at https://folk.school.
Send a letter of interest and resume highlighting relevant experience to Kerri Hamos at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application review will begin March 7th, 2022.